Rocks

Rocks

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tip of the Tongue ~ the Tip of the Fingers


"The tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire..." (James 3:6)

I got an email from Amazon today. I put in an order weeks ago and hadn't gotten it. The message read: "A shipment from your order has been returned to our fulfillment center as undeliverable..."

Some dribble about problems with my mailing address. I have no idea what the issue could be; after all, I order books regularly from Amazon and have NEVER had any trouble. I almost hit the reply button and started to type:

Dear Idiots! What the h....is your problem? You have my money! Give me my books, NOW!!! I know, I know. That would have been rude. Luckily I didn't type it, or send it. Especially given the fact that the order consisted of:

ESV Compact Bible (TruTone, Wild Rose, Floral Design)
Devotions for a Sacred Marriage: A Year of Weekly Devotions for Couples.

Sheesh, that would have been just great, huh? Jesus said, if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. How about cutting off your fingers so you can't type? What we write, type, or say with our tongue. It's all the same. They can ALL be a fire burning out of control.

Lord, help me to control my tongue - as well as what I type. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight. Amen (Psalm 19:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment