Rocks

Rocks

Sunday, May 15, 2011

God's Arm of Protection



Psalm 138:7-8 (New Living Translation)

Though I am surrounded by troubles,
you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
You reach out your hand,
and the power of your right hand saves me.
The LORD will work out his plans for my life—
for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.
Don’t abandon me, for you made me.

This verse speaks oceans to me today. I got an email from someone yesterday who is greed and evil incarnate. The fact that he is a family member is irrelevant. What matters is that having contact with him makes me physically, emotionally and spiritually ill. Therefore, I choose not to have him in my life any longer. Today I’m setting a boundary. I’ve responded by telling him I no longer wish to have contact. He is waging an ugly legal battle to try and gain more of his share of our recently deceased mother’s money. That’s his choice. But I am not his ally.

God, on the other hand, is high above the Earth. He is full of might and power, and He is able to protect me from my enemies. The verse, "you reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me," makes me think of the days when cars didn’t have seat belts. If someone slammed on their breaks, Fathers and Mother’s would instinctively reach out their arm in front of their child to create a safety barrier.

I like to think that God is stretching out his arm right now, even in the midst of this trouble, and he is creating a safety barrier for me. The enemy can’t touch me when God’s arm is surrounding me. Thank you, Father, for you love and protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment