Rocks

Rocks

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Psalm 65:6-13 (God in Nature)

I read Psalm 65 today, and was overwhelmed by how good God is to us. This "harvest Psalm", written by David, glorifies God (the Creator) through reflections of nature. Nature helps us understand God's character. It shows His generosity. He gives us more than we could ever need or deserve.

"O God, our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas, who formed the mountains by your power...



who stilled the roaring of the sea...



those living far away fear your wonders; where morning dawns and evening fades, you call forth songs of joy...



You care for the land and water it, you enrich it abundantly. The streams of God are filled with water...



You drench its furrows...You soften it with showers ...



You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance...



the grasslands of the desert overflow; the hills are clothed with gladness...



the meadows are covered with flocks and the valleys are mantled with grain; they shout for joy and sing."



It just doesn't get any better than that. David was definitely a "nature" guy. After all, he spent his formative years shepherding sheep. I love what he later wrote about gratitude: "because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of food." (Psalm 63:3-5) 


Lord, your love is the only thing that truly satisfies. Help me to eat, drink and breath your love, your presence, and your abundant blessings. Help me to be completely satisfied in You, Amen

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I just want to fall back into Him like the Lipton Iced Tea commercial and let Him engulf me. Beautiful reflection, Mar.

    ReplyDelete