Rocks

Rocks

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Where often are Heard ...Discouraging Words

Words. They can heal, encourage, uplift - or they can hurt and discourage. Yesterday's email from one of the head managers in my office was filled with words of the second kind. After I read them, my heart fell. Stress welled up within me. "Why are you so tense?" my coworker asked an hour later. "That email really got to me!"


Psalm 64 describes words as "deadly arrows." Suddenly, out of nowhere, they can penetrate our minds and hearts, completely crushing us! How can we survive such an attack? David has the answer: call out to God - with words!

"Hear me, O God, as I voice my complaint; protect my life from the threat of the enemy....they sharpen their tongues like swords and aim their words like deadly arrows. They shoot from ambush at the innocent man. They shoot at him suddenly without fear....But God will shoot them with arrows; suddenly they will be struck down. He will turn their own tongues against them...let the righteous rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in him; let all the upright in heart praise him."

Today I will call out to God when negative or critical word-arrows come at me. God will give me his armor to protect my head and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment